Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring a Managing Editor to run a high-profile editorial website, social media and community featuring daily original and curated content. We are looking for someone to oversee and generate original, accessible military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. This person must have a strong understanding of traffic-driving social media best practices utilizing Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, and other emerging sites/platforms. The Managing Editor must have writing experience (e.g. worked for a professional blog, social network or online magazine), management experience, impeccable organizational skills, incredible attention to detail and an in-depth knowledge of the categories referenced. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Oversee a group of bloggers, contributors and experts, ensuring top quality writing and corresponding social media messaging.
- Write, edit and approve all original copy.
- Implement best practices for SEO and optimum reader engagement.
- Maintain editorial calendar.
- Liaise with department head and video production team for content ideas and approval.
- Coordinate original, featured posts with Communications, Marketing and future Sales teams.
- Communicate bugs and design enhancements with department head and site developer.
- Initiate and oversee content swaps/syndication and partnerships with third-party content providers.
- Daily and weekly reviews of analytics reports and adjust site and social media content and practices accordingly.
- Stay abreast of trends in social media, relevant news, viral content, and vertical-specific stories.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge and proven success in social media and content marketing strategy.
- Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar.
- You will be asked to submit writing samples or complete writing and editing assignment.
- Ability to measure the success of content and adjust content strategies using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, WordPress, HootSuite, and more.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Organized, discreet, detail-oriented.
- Must have experience in blog publishing (Tumblr, WordPress, etc.).
- Experience copy-editing.
- Experience editing photos using Photoshop, more.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to multitask and manage a small editorial team including outside contributors.
Current active duty (soon to ETS), members of the Reserves and National Guard and all prior service men and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply. Please send resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Head of Programming and Production.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles