The 5 biggest stories around the military right now (July 7 edition)
Up in the morning with the rising sun? Running all day ’til the day is done? Well, get to it then. Oh, wait. Hold up for a sec. Before you hit it check these link out:
- Nothing saps morale like the fear of not getting paid. See what Obama said about your next paycheck in our bud Leo Shane’s report here.
- The Philippines is ramping up military spending in the face of a growing threat from China. Check out why WESTPAC cruises will continue and more in this Reuters report.
- More on biker gangs recruiting military veterans — this time in Colorado — in this Denver Post story here.
- Colombian generals serve at the pleasure of the president too . . . and he was displeased with the brass’ role in indiscriminately killing civilians. See how many got fired here.
- Leo also has the lowdown on military retirement reform. How soon will your monthly check be affected? Read this.
And here’s the Killer Video of the Day, a new feature to TFBSATMRN (acronym for this post . . . duh) from the boys developing THE MIGHTY MUSIC channel, a forthcoming WATM vertical coming soon(ish) to your favorite military website. Dig this one from our favorite album so far this summer:
Now look at this: A 78-year-old German man was hiding a full-size tank in his basement >
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles