6 things you want to take back before getting out of the military
Getting out of the military can be a long and cumbersome experience. With all the crap service members have to do to process out smoothly, it's likely that you'll spend some time reflecting on the dumb things you did during your enlistment.
At the time, most of the dumb stuff was all fun and games. It wasn't until now that you're on your way out do you realize how bad some of those decisions were.
1. Getting NJPed for hazing the newbies
It was fun as hell at the time, but now that you have that negative NJP mark on your DD-214, good luck with receiving all your much-earned educational benefits.
2. All the crap you bought and didn't need from the base PX
Remember that PS4 you just had to have? How about that huge. flat-screen TV you needed for playing video games, or all the tactical gear you thought was required to be a better trooper? Well, now you need to pack all that crap up, sell it, or give it away.
Many troops invest a lot of money in entertainment stuff that, when the time finally comes, they don't want to haul to their parents' or girlfriend's house.
3. Breaking up with that guy or girl who now has a two-bedroom apartment and no roommates.
Yup, you f*cked that up.
4. Being a dick to that boot who is now updating your service and medical records
As they say, "what goes around comes around." We can't predict the future, but we do know that many service members hold small grudges against their superiors for one reason or another.
So, when an opportunity arises, who wouldn't want to cash in on some payback against someone who once treated you like crap?
5. Not taking more free classes
Many, many service members leave the military will college credits that could earn them a degree sooner rather than later. But, you decided to drink on the weekends instead of doing those boring online classes.
6. Not listening to all the information during TAP class
Did you know you could earn unemployment benefits and file for disability during most TAP classes? Well, you would have known if you freakin' listened.
- 6 Transition Mistakes To Avoid When You're Getting Out Of The ... ›
- 5 Tips to Help Your Service Member Transition Out | Military.com ›
- 10 Tips for Your Military Transition (from People Who Have Done It!) ›