The Super Bowl came and went. If you're a Patriots fan, good going. Now your boy has enough Super Bowl rings to snap half of all life out of existence. Tom Brady was somehow the "underdog" that game... because reasons? The Rams didn't do anything spectacular after being given a free touchdown via a no-call against the Saints and they got flag after flag for seemingly pointless reasons, and they they still couldn't... You know what? Whatever. I'm a Detroit Lions fan. We're used to terrible calls and disappointment.
The real military highlight on Sunday was the Google Ad that inspired everyone to search for civilian jobs for their given MOS for the hell of it. Sometimes, the algorithm was hilariously off. Other times, to be honest, we all kinda knew what the results would be: Aircraft repair guys got told to repair aircraft, commo guys got system admin jobs, water dogs got water treatment jobs, and so on.
On that note, here're some memes to help soothe over the pain of knowing you could be getting paid six figures for doing a less-stressful version of what you're doing now.
1. You sat through all those "Chicken Knows Best" commercials for the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history. You just got played.
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
2. "You know what will cheer up these Marines? Forcing them to stay sober while the command staff's kids get face paint," said every commander ever.
(Meme via Military Memes)
3. I only drink socially. My barracks roommate says he'll have a beer and I say, "Social I."
(Meme via Hooah My Ass Off)
4. When you're out of the military, you're never going to be able to sleep in a cozy bed the same.
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
5. Looks fine to me!
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
6. My recruiter also never lied. He said I'd travel the world and get f*cked every day.
7. Sounds about right.
(Meme via PNN)
8. That moment when you're unexpectedly given a lesson in roll-over drills.
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
9. Everyone stationed in Korea be like...
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
10. At least he has good trigger discipline.
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
11. And this still comes out as a Meal Deduction.
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
12. "No. Go on. Please tell me, a random cog in the gears, how you'd fix the military."
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
13. The civilian-military divide is very much real. Act like an asshat to a civilian because you shot sharpshooter once during your unremarkable military career and you'll further alienate the rest of us from trying to re-assimilate into society.
(Meme via Five Bravo)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 4th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 11th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 18th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 25th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 1st - We ... ›