Ah, another Valentine's Day has come and gone. By law of averages, at least a few people somewhere in the military spent a nice evening with the person they genuinely love. The rest of us are in the field, deployed, or stationed god-knows-how-far away from our beloved.
Sure, sure. Many of those in the military marry extremely young and the spouse is often quick to put eighty-seven bumper stickers on the minivan saying they have the hardest job in the military... But on Valentine's Day, we can let them pretend being bored, worried, and lonesome during a deployment is more difficult than serving as a nuclear submarine's engine mechanic. After all, military spouses do put up with a lot of our sh*t, so one day with an inflated ego is fine.
Anyways. Knowing the average memer is probably stuck in the barracks and taking Hooter's up on their order of free buffalo wings for single people, here're some memes to take your mind off the crippling loneliness. Enjoy!
1. Barracks life isn't all that bad... unless you're the guy who doesn't enjoy binge-drinking until 0400, ripping down doors for beer pong, and messing with your bro on CQ.
(Meme via Private News Network)
2. Makes sense. It always bothered me that the dude on the left's hair was always out of regs...
(Meme via Infantry Follow Me)
3. It's especially odd shaving your DD-214 beard knowing that's how you'd look if you had stayed in the military.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
4. The element of surprise is important but everyone will toss it all out the window the moment air support arrives.
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
5. At least the politicians are waiting until after Valentine's Day before f*cking all of us.
(Comic via The Claw of Knowledge)
6. You can't 45/45 someone with only three days left.
(Meme via Broken and Unreadable)
7. Still better than the plywood showers in Afghanistan.
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
8. Meanwhile, I've been waiting a few years to mess with any potential recruiters... I think they know...
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
9. "Shut up, Artillery."
(Meme via On the Minute Memes)
10. For all the comparisons between babies and LTs, at least a baby won't get in the way of the NCOs' plan.
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
11. "Obviously, I'm the greatest sailor the Navy has ever seen. Obviously."
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
12. If only we could get privates as excited about treats and a tennis ball.
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
13. Many troops have tossed in whatever their NCO told them to burn, along with a single photograph and the rest of their cigarette...
(Meme via Door Kickers Inc.)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 11th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 18th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 25th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 1st - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 8th - We ... ›