The government shutdown has been going on for well over a month now and the Coast Guard is still going without pay. My heart honestly burns for each and everyone one of those affected by the shutdown, but there's one group of Coasties feeling it the worst: the Coast Guard recruiters.
I mean, think about it. It sucks to show up and still have to guard the coasts. Yet, they can continue their mission with a sour look on their face and abundant worries about paying rent. The recruiters? Yeah. I'm damn sure no one made their quota this month. Good luck getting anyone into the door when you can't even promise them a steady paycheck.
Anyways, just like the Coasties working Lyft after duty, the meme train keeps on rolling.
1. True story: I got Jodied when I was in Afghanistan. I bawled my eyes out to my NCO, who sat there smoking a cigarette, quietly taking it in. Thirty minutes must have passed before he finally started laughing and said, "I remember my first divorce." For some strange reason, that actually made things better...
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
2. Still more understandable than the "no pay, no shave" crowd.
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
3. Sure. You're running on "gunny time" doing "gunny business." That explains the Burger King cup in your hands.
(Meme via Untied Status Marin Crops)
4. It was that or Woobie.
(Meme via Infantry Follow Me)
5. This could all be avoided if the next (and all future) NDAAs include the Coasties. Just saying... be loud about this in August.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
6. And yet, I still slept better here than my bed at home...
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
7. I know it's a ploy by the recruiters to grab the young adults in, but I can't help but think that the Army would somehow make playing video games for Uncle Sam suck.
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
8. Let's do this!
(Meme via Carl The Grunt)
9. One goes to the range for their bi-annual qualification. The other goes because their squad leader got pissed they didn't shoot "expert" and is sending them there every day until they upgrade that pizza box.
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
10. Never answer your barracks door on the weekends. It's never anything good.
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
11. Wait until they realize that hiding behind a rock for three seconds doesn't fully heal you.
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
12. Pro tip: Don't be honest about all the janitorial work you did in the infantry unless you're trying to get a job as a janitor.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
13. It's your choice: Motrin or ibuprofen... and that's it.
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
- The 13 funniest memes for the week of December 21st - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes of 2018 - We Are The Mighty ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 4th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 11th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of January 18th - We ... ›