9 things military couples understand all too well
Military couples are a lot like civilian couples. They live together, shop together and go on date nights just like other couples. But at the same time they live by an entirely different set of rules:
1. The military is like the third-wheel in a relationship.
And boy is it needy.
Related: 13 tips for dating on a US Navy ship
2. So, they learn to go with the flow.
(The only constant is change.)
3. Life in the military is always an adventure.
4. Moving is part of your routine ...
5. ... but when it's time to deploy, you tackle it together.
It's go time, baby!
6. You write and Skype each other like you're freakin' teenagers.
U.S Army photo by Staff Sgt. Mike Pryor, 2nd BCT, 82nd Abn. Div. Public Affairs
7. You have deeper relationships because deployments give you a chance to discover who you really are ...
Mad Men, AMC
8. ... which makes both of you strong.
(A handyman and handywoman in every house.)
9. And, of course, homecomings are the best.
U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Todd F. Michalek