13 funniest memes for the week of Nov. 18
Another week down, another list of the 13 best military memes from around the web:
1. They’ve got you there, Army (via Air Force Nation).
2. It’s just so hard to choose (via Pop smoke).
3. These budget cuts are ridiculous (via Pop smoke).
4. Your animal stuck with you through that nasty breakup? That’s cool (via Military Memes).
5. “Where does it even plug into the computer?”
(via Military Memes)
6. This meme gets recycled every year without getting any less true (via Military Memes).
7. The blue disc is always good for a few warm hugs and a cup of cocoa (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said).
8. The only reason to wake up is if someone is yelling “corpsman.”
(via The Salty Soldier)
9. There seems to be some sort of feed error with your weapon (via Coast Guard Memes).
10. “He’s like, really spooky and stuff.”
(viaAir Force amn/nco/snco)
11. Basically spraying filtered water over here (via Military Nations).
12. Hey, if it works in Atropia, then it must work in theater (via U.S Army W.T.F! moments).
13. Some people call it crazy. Some people call it disciplined (via Team Non-Rec).
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.