13 funniest military memes for the week of July 7
Shake off that hangover from the four-day weekend, everyone. There’s a normal weekend coming up and we can’t just neglect these parties because last week’s were too epic.
Slam a case of Rip-Its, get some giggles from these military memes, and treat your safety brief like a To-Do list.
1. Play that funky music, white boy (via Funker530).
2. Might keep the other branches from knowing what you’re eating …
(via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
3. Everyone wants to be an operator until it’s time to do trauma surgery (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
4. Bet she gets selected for all the good details. And the bad ones.
5. Oooh, if they get really mad, they’ll start comparing commissioning dates (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
6. One is a surgeon, the other a butcher (via Valhalla Wear).
7. Doesn’t matter which branch you join (via Decelerate Your Life).
8. Upon further reflection, maybe too few recruits isn’t the worst problem (via ASMDSS).
9. For that much money, I’ll become a pilot (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
10. No one will know (via Shit my LPO says).
11. Oh, you thought you might see your family before you leave for a year or more?
(via Decelerate Your Life)
12. The difference between “sick call” and “calling in sick” is wider than most civilians think (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
13. Powerpoint Ranger, Powerpoint Ranger, where have you been?
(via Military World)
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.