13 funniest military memes for the week of June 23
We found a bunch of military memes that made us laugh, then we whittled it down to our 13 favorites, and then we tried to become the invisible man, which didn’t work.
And so you should look at these memes.
1. One of the worst bits of news you can wake up to (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
2. It’s an endurance race, and you can’t possibly win (via Valhalla Wear).
3. Awesome burn, Marines (via Team Non-Rec).
4. Somebody won at every round of “Nose Goes” as a kid (via Shit my LPO says).
5. Come on, what’s an oil change more or less between friends? (via Military Memes)
6. This is why the Army should bring back specialist 5-9 (via Military Nations).
7. You’re gonna shoot down U.S. planes, huh? (via Decelerate Your Life)
8. He is the one. He is the E4 Mafia Don (via Shit my LPO says).
9. Drill sergeants are experts in keeping everything in perspective (via The Salty Soldier).
10. The real invisible man was the only known case of a chief warrant officer 6 (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
11. Unfortunately, you’re about to see everything 730 more times, Thomas (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
12. In the real world, it’s suppressive fire and you still hope to kill someone, or it’s targeted shots and killing them is the entire point (via Valhalla Wear).
13. Some even prefer it that way (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
US Navy helps search for submarine lost for nearly a week
On November 19th, the United States Navy joined NASA and other countries in the search for an Argentinian submarine that went missing November 15th.
Sexual assault at Fort Bragg up 28 percent over last year
A summary released by the Department of Defense shows reports of sexual assault from Fort Bragg increased by 28 percent in 2016 over the year before.
ISIS' last town in Iraq falls to Iraqi security forces
Iraqi forces backed by the U.S.-led coalition retook Rawah on Nov. 17, the last town in the country that was held by the Islamic State group.
Why Chinese bombers suddenly flew so close to Okinawa
China just sent a set of H-6 bombers and and intelligence gathering aircraft through international airspace between Okinawa and Miyoko. Here's why.
That time Politifact took Duffel Blog seriously
Duffel Blog finally holds their heads up high as the "The American military's Most Trusted news source" was given the dubious honors of being ranked as "Pants on Fire" by Politifact.
This amazing Air Force cadet is now a Rhodes Scholar
An Air Force Academy student has been named a Rhodes Scholar, winning a full ride scholarship to the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Watch this bomber's rare low-level flyover of powerful Navy carriers
The B-1B may be a strategic bomber with a lot of firepower, but it is the type of plane that can fulfill a pilots' need for speed in the air.
This is why enlisted Marines should wear rank on their sleeves
The rank on U.S. Marine Corps utilities has only been on the collar since 1959. It's actually more traditional to wear rank on the sleeve.
6 simple reasons the cook should always be your best friend
There are three people you should always be friends with. The cook. The medic (or Corpsman.) And whatever the MOS of the person repeating the phrase.