Memes call! Find your favorites, share them with your buddies, or don't. We're not your supervisor.
1. A training video on "Abdominal Circumference" may actually help some units (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
And Troy McClure videos would be a huge upgrade from all these Powerpoints.
2. Being outside a firefight without your rifle is worse than being in a firefight with it (Weapons of Meme Destruction).
Feels like death, and might be worse.
3. Allow the E4 to teach you a little about the military (via Why I'm Not Re-enlisting).
Starting with: Never go back to the unit right away.
4. Back blast area clear!
(via Team Non-Rec)
Gonna be hard to explain this to the homeowner's association the next morning.
5. It's always embarrassing to remember that next generation's history books will include this generation's actions (via Decelerate Your Life).
At least you can write some of the histories ahead of time.
6. Will pay to see "You're Welcome" parody with Coast Guard swimmers (via Coast Guard Memes).
The Coast Guard used this exact same pun two years ago while talking about teaching rescue swimmers to swim.
7. Senior enlisted problems:
(via Terminal Lance)
Decisions, decisions. Sorry, junior Marines.
8. Some NCO better fix that little guy's gig line (via Why I'm Not Re-enlisting).
Can't tell if the label in the top right corner is from the past or future ...
9. Last guy to switch from BDUs is definitely the first guy to crack a beer (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
Love the shades.
10. Your recruiter lied to you (via Why I'm Not Re-enlisting).
Better volunteer for some cool-guy schools and get into some high-speed units.
11. Kinda hard to take the new guy on a welcome-to-the-unit bender if someone has to make him a fake ID first (via Military World).
Highly recommend ordering the apple juice so at least no one else in the bar can tell.
12. It's all about composite risk management (via Why I'm Not Re-enlisting).
Dirt raking is dangerous.
13. Remember all those grinning, proud faces when all the boots got their new uniforms?
(via Decelerate Your Life)
Of course, those uniforms get pretty salty before the end of the contract.