13 of the funniest military memes for the week of July 14
It’s a long week back after that July 4th hangover. And then some of us have to pick up the other guy’s slack when he goes off to drill.
Good thing military memes always have the watch.
1. We’re still the best. (via ASMDSS)
2. There are a lot of new ideas floating around DoD.
3. But some things never change.
4. The CS has been watching a lot of Food Network.
5. Because Navy PT standards might be taking a beating (via The Salty Sailor)
6. Airmen have a special diet while away from their duty station.
7. Because special duties can be stressful.
8. Even the Army has trouble helping out Marine Corps NCOs.
9. But all NCOs run on the same operating system.
10. At least this weekend we can even look forward to Sunday night.
11. And maybe forget about that upcoming deployment.
12. The ghosts of cadence past can come back to haunt us.
13. Who’s got the best callsign in the Air Force?
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.