22 things every boot has done but will never, ever admit
Those who served in the military are a part of a very tight group which some consider their second family — co-workers become their brothers and sisters.
Typically you can admit to anything to family and get absolution for your sins. But some things we do are so embarrassing we’d never tell a single soul in fear of how people may see us forever after.
So check out our list of things every boot has done but will never ever admit to anybody — until maybe their deathbed.
1. That time you jumped on a grenade (a Jersey Shore type) when you didn’t have to
2. Admitting to being a Blue Falcon
4. Clogging the toilet in the barracks
5. Getting an STD
6. Not reporting suspicious activity
7. Being the one who lost an important object (and your unit can’t go home until it’s found)
8. Getting a power trip when you put on rank
9. Being bitter than your friend made rank before you
10. Getting out PT’d by someone in a rival military branch
11. When you had a sh*tty time on leave but told everyone it was great
12. When the hot chick on the phone isn’t your real girlfriend
13. When you lie about how much you can lift
14. The embellishments in the “No sh*t there I was” story
15. Getting drunk and crying to your girl
16. Counting every rep during a PFT
17. Lying about your moto tattoo (you weren’t really drunk when you got it, you’re just embarrassed you thought it was cool at the time)
18. Checking out a buddy’s girl (he doesn’t know what to do with that)
19. Being scared the first time you…
20. Feeling moto after seeing a movie
21. Not knowing what an acronym (or a term) means but acting like you do — because there’s just too damn many of them
22. When you know she’s a guy but you think she’s hot anyway.
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.