A US Navy Blue Angels jet has crashed in Tennessee
A US Blue Angels jet has crashed in Smyrna, Tennessee.
According to local ABC affiliate WKRN, citing the fire chief of the neighboring town of La Vergne, the crash took place around 3pm local time. The Blue Angels were scheduled to perform in Tennessee this weekend.
The Blue Angels are the US Navy’s flight demonstration team. Aviators in the Blue Angels come from both the Navy and the Marines and fly F/A-18 Hornets.
The crash of a Blue Angel comes on the same day that a US Air Force Thunderbird also crashed after completing a flyover at the US Air Force Academy commencement.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- 'Time to come home!': Trump's tweets reveal a strong opinion on the Afghanistan war before he became president
- Spanish police are zeroing in on a prime suspect in deadly Barcelona attack
- Meet Anatoly Antonov, Russia's newest ambassador to the US
- Meet the Su-30SM — Russia’s answer to the F-15E Strike Eagle
- 10 missing, 5 injured after Navy destroyer collides with tanker near Singapore
- Video shows Chinese and Indian troops clashing with stones high along their border in the Himalayas
Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter .