A US Navy Blue Angels jet has crashed in Tennessee
A US Blue Angels jet has crashed in Smyrna, Tennessee.
According to local ABC affiliate WKRN, citing the fire chief of the neighboring town of La Vergne, the crash took place around 3pm local time. The Blue Angels were scheduled to perform in Tennessee this weekend.
The Blue Angels are the US Navy’s flight demonstration team. Aviators in the Blue Angels come from both the Navy and the Marines and fly F/A-18 Hornets.
The crash of a Blue Angel comes on the same day that a US Air Force Thunderbird also crashed after completing a flyover at the US Air Force Academy commencement.
- A top GOP donor says he won't write another check to Republicans until they support an assault weapons ban
- A former North Korean cheerleader describes the 'psychological training' she underwent to get 'into the heart of the enemy'
- These features make Air Force One an incomparable flying fortress
- Trump's defense budget is a wishlist for a massive military buildup — these are the planes, ships, and missiles he wants
- Video shows buildings swaying violently during a massive earthquake in Mexico