General George S. Patton has some life advice for you
Few generals have had the lasting impact that Gen. George S. Patton has had.
Patton, who commanded the US’s 7th Army in Europe and the Mediterranean during World War II, is perhaps just as well known for his amazing insight into what makes for excellent and successful leadership.
Showcasing Patton’s most memorable and poignant quotes is author Charles M. Province in “Patton’s One-Minute Messages.”
Here’s a few of our favorites quotes from America’s “Ol’ Blood and Guts.”
“Do everything you ask of those you command.”
“No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.”
“Any man who thinks he’s indispensable, ain’t.”
“As long as man exists, there will be war.”
“Do more than is required of you.”
“Take calculated risks.”
“Do not make excuses, whether it’s your fault or not.”
“Fame never yet found a man who waited to be found.”
“A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.”
“You’re never beaten until you admit it.”
“It’s the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory.”
“Genius comes from the ability to pay attention to the smallest detail.”
“Do your duty as you see it and damn the consequences.”
“It’s better to fight for something in life than to die for nothing.”
“Success is how you bounce on the bottom.”
“Know what you know, and know what you don’t know.”
“Never make a decision too early or too late.”
“No one is thinking if everyone is thinking alike.”
“Do not fear failure.”
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- These are the massive ships the Navy uses to carry other ships around
- American fear of Russia is overblown — and plays right into Putin's hands
- 'Seig Heil' and assault rifles: The president of Charlottesville's synagogue described a harrowing scene outside the temple
- US military leaders distance themselves from Trump's stance on Charlottesville
- Army sergeant catches on fire while saving couple from car 'engulfed in flames'
- This photo of chief of staff John Kelly during Trump's wild press conference says it all
Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter .