Military personnel share amazing one-liners from drill instructors
Members of the military bonded over their service and took time to reminisce about harsh words from their drill instructors in an entertaining Reddit Military thread.
The thread started with the simple question, “What are some of the most memorable things your drill instructors have said?”
We’ve collected some of the most interesting responses below. If you served in the military, feel free to add your own drill instructor line in the comments below.
One Marine was compared to a sugar cookie for being sweaty and covered in sand.
Another instructor accused a Marine of being part of a plot to destroy the Corps.
Reddit user nickcorvus remembers how a drill instructor yelled:
“You’re a communist plot to f— up my Marine Corps.”
At times, drill instructors could barely contain their rage …
… or their disdain.
Some lines might not have had the intended effect.
In this case, a drill instructor had a more serious impact, when he handed this Marine an Eagle Globe and Anchor (EGA) that signifies the end of new-recruit training.
Ultimately, drill instructors always left their mark.
Even decades later.
- Trump is now more confident, unleashed to do what he wants — and it looks like war on all fronts
- People are freaking out after John Bolton was picked to become Trump's national security adviser
- China is winning because it can fill a 'black hole' that other countries have left behind
- An Israel-bound flight flew over Saudi Arabian airspace, making history between two countries that still don't have diplomatic relations
- John Bolton reportedly promised Trump 'he wouldn't start any wars' as national security adviser