The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Jan. 27
Remember, troops. Don’t beat anything, don’t drink and drive, and don’t end up on first sergeant’s carpet without an awesome story.
Get ready for the weekend! Here are a few awesome military memes to get you through to the safety brief:
1. If they actually wore these uniforms, at least it would be easier to spot them (via The Salty Soldier).
2. That’s a good excuse right up until DFAS stops paying (via Shit my LPO says).
3. Don’t care who you voted for, getting Mattis as SecDef is like learning that Capt. America is your new commander (via Pop smoke).
4. It’s like the world’s worst Easter egg hunt!
(via Air Force Nation)
5. Don’t wanna lose your sea legs (via Coast Guard Memes).
6. Let’s get it started in here:
(via Military Memes)
7. Not everyone has what it takes to be a fireman (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
8. The most important gear an airman will ever hold (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
9. Man, it would’ve sucked to have been drafted onto the DD-214 (via Sh-t my LPO says).
10. That moment the grizzled veteran has to salute the fresh-out-of-OCS lieutenant, then try to teach them how to Army (via Pop smoke)
11. They have crayon chewers in every branch (via Coast Guard Memes).
12. It’s not like anyone in the squad is going to end up TOO strong (via Military Memes).
13. Forward was more fun (via Military Memes).
How African nations boosted a strong anti-terror force to fight jihadis
African nations have decided to battle against the spread of Islamic extremism in Africa. France, along with several European countries, supports them.
Watch the trailer for Clint Eastwood's new Spencer Stone movie
In Clint Eastwood's new movie, "The 15:17 to Paris", he made the boldly cast the three American heroes as themselves. We Are the Mighty has the trailer.
Why the US is suddenly willing to talk to North Korea
The U.S. said it has a direct line of communication with North Korea; coincidentally a day after Dennis Rodman said he wanted to intervene on their behalf.
10 reasons all troops should have a pet
Two of the greatest things ever are pets and our troops coming home. Nothing will pull at your heartstrings like when the two are combined.
12 important things that need to be in your bug-out bag yesterday
There are a lot of disasters happening these days. Our resident operator says you need these bare essentials in case of a fast, unplanned evacuation.
These are the insane dangers of being a combat engineer
Once a combat engineer locates an improvised explosive device, the danger's just begun. These guys are tough as nails as they face danger on each patrol.
Yes, the Army has fixed-wing aircraft and it flew this tank for 30 years
This obscure United States Army transport could bring 30 troops or three pallets of cargo to a location where a C-130 Hercules was unable to land.
5 life lessons today's troops could learn from Vietnam vets
The truth is, that old Vietnam vet you met at the Legion while trying to get cheap drinks isn't all that different from the men and women fighting today.