The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Happy Thanksgiving! Here’s hoping you were too smart to engage in the Black Friday madness. But regardless of whether you’re killing time standing in line at the store or hiding out in the bathroom to get away from your crazy aunts, here are 13 memes to keep you occupied:
1. Number one thing I’m thankful for this year:
(via via Coast Guard Memes).
2. Twinsies! (via Military memes).
3. Just be careful of the buffer spring (via Military Memes).
4. There’s a new head honcho at Disney World (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
5. If you can’t send Linda, send someone who’s done this:
6. So glorious (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
7. Military working dogs are really stepping up their game (via Marine Corps Memes)
8. Coast Guard armored cavalry (via Coast Guard Memes).
9. That specialist who is never going to make it in front of the promotion board:
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
10. It’s hard to keep yourself excited in the civilian world.
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
11. Sounds like a delicious job.
12. The manual says, “Duct tape will fix anything.”
(via Marine Corps Memes).
13. You should share a coke with ISIS.
This is what John McCain thinks of the VA's Veterans CARE Act proposal
US Senator John McCain today applauded the Department of Veterans Affairs' proposed CARE Act, which bolsters the Veterans Choice Program.
This is the Russian super torpedo that could sink the US Navy
The Russian navy’s decline in major surface combatants and nuclear submarines is balanced by their advances in other areas, like this crazy-fast torpedo.
These are the heroic Marines that respond to plane crashes
The requirements to become a Marine Corps Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Specialist are mental and physical, and the training is intense.
That time a soldier grappled a suicide-bomber and lived
"It was either going to be me or 20 other people back there," Staff Sgt. Jason Fetty realized as he attacked the suicide-bomber moments before the blast.
This is why car bombs are a terrorist go-to
Responsible for two of the three deadliest terrorist attacks against Americans in history, car bombs are tailor made to mess with your mind.
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.