The 13 funniest military memes of the week
It’s a memes rundown! It’s like a memes war except that you can only watch, not comment (for an actual memes war, just pick a random post on our Facebook page and start posting funny memes).
1. Not familiar with this happening at the forward operating base, but I am familiar with this happening at the combat outpost (via Crusty Pissed Off Veteran).
2. “Stand up at the back of the room if you’re getting tired.” (via Sh-t my LPO says).
3. “You will respect my authoritah!”
4. Every time while briefing the command team:
(via Air Force Nation)
5. Guys, North Korea is a military juggernaut … somehow. Much frightening.
6. “Today, we rise!”
(via Pop Smoke)
7. The military branch exchange day was quickly canceled and never repeated (via The Reactor is Critical).
8. This is why the airmen seem so uncomfortable on other bases (via Pop Smoke).
9. We didn’t promise you a rose garden …
(via Devil Dog Nation)
10. Accurate (via Sh-t my LPO says).
11. Most bubble machines have less chevrons than that (via Air Force Nation).
12. Marines are like small town doctors in that they still make house calls (via Devil Dog Nation).
13. How does an airborne operation turn into a cautionary tale and internet meme?
(h/t Do You Even Airborne, Bro?)
This is what Sikorsky thinks should replace the Blackhawk
The Defiant is fast, it can carry a lot of troops, and it's armed to the teeth.
How one vet learned to actually appreciate his deployment to Iraq
This veteran believes God used the Iraq war to fulfill Biblical prophesies, and he's written a four part series to explain it.
Combat Controller receives Air Force Cross for valor in Afghanistan
Air Force Staff Sgt. Richard Hunter was awarded the Air Force Cross Oct. 17 for actions during an eight-hour firefight in Kunduz Province, Afghanistan.
This is what Iran will do if the US pulls out of the nuke deal
President Trump is threatening to back out of the Iran nuclear deal — in direct opposition of the other five countries involved. Here is what Iran thinks.
5 military movies you should look out for in 2018
These are some of the handful of military-related movies hitting the screens next year that look like they could be worth the price of admission.
Why Hollywood prescribes pot to its veteran characters with PTS
A new Netflix comedy takes a lighthearted look at the growing use of medical marijuana to treat veterans who suffer from post-traumatic stress.
Does this picture show the US covertly moving SEALs into Korea?
The USS Michigan stopped in Busan for a "routine port visit," but pictures of the event suggest a more clandestine purpose that may involve US Navy SEALs.
How ISIS became a 'pathetic and a lost cause' after the fall of Raqqa
Special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, Brett McGurk tweeted photos of a mass ISIS surrender.
Here is how the MLRS became a 44-mile sniper
The M31 Guided Unitary Rocket can put 200 pounds of high explosive within 30 feet of its aimpoint. That'll ruin a bad guy's day.