The 13 funniest military memes of the week
More memes. 13 of them. Today and every Friday. Carry on . . .
1. The kind of joke you never want to see Lt. Butterfingers play (via Combat Grunts).
2. Your quality training does not impress the salty old Marine (via Combat Grunts).
3. They really just do it because they hate you
(via Sh-T My LPO Says).
4. When the Air Force tries to look hard …
(via Sh-T My LPO Says).
5. When you’re stateside, missing your main squeeze (via Arctic Specter).
6. The Coast Guard will take what recognition it can get.
(Via Coast Guard Memes)
7. There are some vehicles AAA just won’t come for (via Devil Dog Nation).
8. The Army has to get creative with the A-10 program in jeopardy.
9. How your two-mile patrol suddenly takes six hours (via Pop Smoke).
10. When the Air Force tries to figure out military supplies (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
11. If you actually camouflage this well, gunny might actually be impressed (via Devil Dog Nation).
12. How the National Guard does cold weather training.
13. Waiting on one (via Sh-T My LPO Says).
This is the new version of the pup tent
This is not your grandfather's pup tent. Litefighter has developed a complete shelter that troops can carry, weighing in just over four pounds.
This is why Saddam Hussein's fedayeen troops wore Darth Vader helmets
Wondering why Saddam's personal militia wore all-black suits and ski masks in the middle of the desert all year 'round? It was to match their helmets.
Here's how you can see 'Thank You For Your Service' for free
Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres announced that up to 10,000 free movie tickets will be available to U.S. veterans and active-duty service members.
This is SecState's plan to welcome Taliban into Afghan government
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said there is a place for moderate elements of the Taliban in Afghanistan's government if they renounce terrorism.
President Trump opts out of a visit to Korea's DMZ
President Donald Trump is not planning to visit the border between North and South Korea known as the Demilitarized Zone when he visits Asia next month.
This is what John McCain thinks of the VA's Veterans CARE Act proposal
US Senator John McCain today applauded the Department of Veterans Affairs' proposed CARE Act, which bolsters the Veterans Choice Program.
This is the Russian super torpedo that could sink the US Navy
The Russian navy’s decline in major surface combatants and nuclear submarines is balanced by their advances in other areas, like this crazy-fast torpedo.
These are the heroic Marines that respond to plane crashes
The requirements to become a Marine Corps Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Specialist are mental and physical, and the training is intense.
That time a soldier grappled a suicide-bomber and lived
"It was either going to be me or 20 other people back there," Staff Sgt. Jason Fetty realized as he attacked the suicide-bomber moments before the blast.