The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Just a few more hours until LIBO. To help you keep your noses clean until then, here are 13 funny military memes:
1. Do not leave privates unsupervised for even a moment (via The Salty Soldier).
2. Marine assaults aren’t what they used to be (via Sh-t my LPO says).
3. Learn some discipline, boot (via Linda Glocke Will Destroy ISIS).
4. There are certain situations where it’s okay to correct your buddies (via Coast Guard Memes).
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
6. When you really wish the dog would take point …
(via Military Memes)
7. Meanwhile, cats are not okay with ground pounding (via Air Force Nation).
8. “No sergeant, I haven’t gained any weight.”
(via Air Force Nation)
9. All privates are suddenly doctoral students when the regs come up:
(via The Salty Soldier)
10. It’s called improvisation, and the Marine Corps prides itself on it (via The Salty Soldier).
11. Bet you wish you had the desert camouflage uniform now, huh?
(via The Salty Soldier)
12. It’s all “Chair Force” jokes until someone needs an A-10 gun run.
13. Pretty sure all other branches get most of their recruits when the Air Force is out of office.
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.