The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Another week down, another (long) weekend to get through without a major safety incident or an article 15. Good luck.
1. Terrorists have learned to fear American training (via Team Non-Rec).
2. When corporals know they’re no longer worth the paperwork (via Marine Corps Memes).
SEE ALSO: 12 signs you may be ‘motarded’ >
3. When you want those stripes but you’re just a hero, not a college grad (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
4. The Navy boot camp honor grads are now labeled with a special ribbon (via Sh-T My LPO Says).
5. How the Coast Guard earns their deployment stripes (via Military Memes).
6. “Fully retired? I can finally get around to that education the Army promised me.”(via Team Non-Rec).
7. Gotta love that Air Force life (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
8. Dressing your baby in an adorable sailor outfit has consequences (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
9. “Let me tell you ’bout my best friend …”
(via Team Non-Rec).
10. “Ha ha, lieutenants get people lost.”
(Via Devil Dog Nation.)
11. Why military travel works so well (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
12. When you have to switch out your camping tents for DRASH tents (via Terminal Lance).
13. When your article 15 rebuttal doesn’t go as planned (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.
This is how the $102 million B-1A almost replaced the B-52
The plan was to buy 240 B-1As to replace the B-52 as the Air Force's primary strategic bomber, but eventually, they each found their place in the force.
ISIS has finally been defeated in Raqqa
U.S.-backed Syrian forces liberated the city of Raqqa on Oct. 17 from Islamic State militants in a major defeat for the collapsing extremist group.
How North Korean special operators plan to invade the South via paragliders
North Korean special operators may be planning to paraglide into South Korea in an attack the country simulated in mid-September, according to South Korea.