The craziest small-arms maneuvers by South Korean SWAT
With a multitude of potential threats radiating over the border from North Korea, South Korea cannot be lax when it comes to security.
As such, Seoul places a premium on the training and capabilities of its military and police forces. This is clearly illustrated through the paramilitary capabilities of the South Korean National Police (KNP) SWAT teams.
A 2014 video from LiveLeak shows the incredible training in small-arms maneuvers that these SWAT members go through.
The KNP is responsible for most security operations within the country, including counterterrorism measures, riot control, and hostage negotiations. The KNP also, on occasion, carries out joint exercises with the Korean Coast Guard and Army.
The highlights of the KNP training video are in the following GIFs:
A trainee practices strafing while alternating fire between a pistol and a submachine gun.
Trainees practice disarming, and counter-disarming, techniques.
Two prospective SWAT members work in a pair, coordinating movement and cover fire.
A trainee practices a faux surrender.
SWAT team members must be ready to respond to all manner of threats, including the sudden appearance of a combatant from behind.
Here, a trainee practices handling the recoil from a shotgun, before transitioning to his pistol
In possible crowd situations, accuracy is of critical importance, and marksmanship is given plenty of practice.
While in the field, SWAT members must be ready to continue an operation even after a potential injury. Here, a trainee is practicing shooting and reloading with one hand.
Of course, being able to function while distracted and under stress is one of the most important factors for success in the KNP. Here, instructors attempt to distract a trainee during an accuracy drill
- Student who survived the Parkland mass shooting challenges Marco Rubio not to accept contributions from the NRA
- Man kills himself after throwing explosive device at a closed US embassy in Montenegro
- Your words have been 'pathetically weak': Marco Rubio gets an earful at CNN town hall on Parkland shooting
- 'I am enraged': Father of Parkland shooting victim blasts the listening session Trump held with mass-shooting survivors
- Trump contradicts an earlier claim he made about concealed carry during listening session with shooting survivors