This is how US Army uniforms have changed since the Revolutionary War
In the 241 years since the US declared independence from the English in 1776, the uniforms of those serving in the US Army have changed drastically.
Over the years, as the nation grew, uniforms, too, have evolved to fit the times and take advantage of changes in tactics and technology. In some cases, as this paper from US Army History notes, the changes were minor affairs, while in other cases, the look of the US Army was radically changed.
We have highlighted some of the major advancements in US Army uniforms in the graphic below.
- Only one road in the world leads from Russia to North Korea — and you can take a trip down it on Google Maps
- Overseas troops won't be able to watch the NFL playoffs — and more — because of the government shutdown
- Turkey launches massive air and ground campaign on US-backed Kurds in Syria
- The government shutdown will mean big changes for military members and veterans
- From playing in trucks to putting 'America First': The 40 most memorable photos from Trump's wild first year in office