Watch an elderly Vietnam Vet fight off a woman who tried to take his wallet
An attack by a woman on an elderly veteran was caught on tape outside a Fresno, California, auto parts store.
Police are asking for the public’s help in trying to find 73-year-old Victor Bejarano’s attacker.
The Vietnam vet said the woman got out of an SUV and asked him for his wallet in the parking lot. When he refused, she tried to take it from him, leading to a prolonged struggle.
When he made his way inside the store in order to get help, she followed him and the struggle continued right at the counter.
None of the customers in the store stepped in to help, police said. The woman got back in her SUV and drove off before police arrived.
After all that, Bejarano said if the woman had just asked him politely for money and explained her situation, he would have helped her out.
“If she would’ve told me from the beginning: ‘Sir, please help, I have a child. He’s crying because he’s hungry.’ I would have given her the money. But she didn’t ask for the money, she asked for my wallet. I said, I can’t give you my wallet,” said Bejarano, who was at the Auto Zone to fix a friend’s van.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- KIM WALL DEAD Sub inventor changes tale, says writer buried at sea
- HAVOC ON HIGH SEAS Search for 10 missing US sailors after collision
- BARBIE DOLL BOMB Terror cell used toy in plot to blow up Australian jet
- PAYROLL PALS Clinton paid Huma $65G since losing 2016 election
- Trump hits 'Fake News' after returning to DC, prepares for Afghanistan speech - Trump's Afghanistan address: What to watch for - MEDIA BUZZ: Why Bannon parted company with Trump — and how he'll weaponize Breitbart
- Kaepernick National Anthem protest paraphernalia will be in Smithsonian Black Lives Matter exhibit
Follow @foxnews on Twitter .