Watch the insane knife training South Korean SEALs go through
South Korea’s unit of elite frogmen have longstanding ties to US Navy SEALs, but some of their techniques, like a recent video displaying their knife training, shows their unique style of close-quarters combat.
In the slides below, see the Korean UDT/SEALs training in combat gear and practicing a fearsome knife-fighting regimen with blinding speed and complexity.
The video starts with the Korean UDT/SEALs practicing their form in unison.
Next, they go to one-on-one duels, which are lightning-quick and insanely complicated.
The takedown on display here is especially savage.
Then they do disarming and counter-attack drills.
Finally, we hear from the UDT/SEALs themselves: “In any situation, we will use whatever tactics necessary for the success of the mission.”
Watch the full video here:
- We got up-close to a Bradley fighting vehicle — and saw how the small crews forge strong bonds
- Boeing's struggling Air Force tanker program now has more problems
- Trump's pick for secretary of state reportedly set up 'kill teams' of commandos at the CIA
- 'The United States had lost its mind': What the Parkland shooting looked like in a country emerging from civil war
- If Kim Jong Un gets rid of his nukes, he's basically signing his own death warrant