Watch this stunning video of Danish F-16s intercepting a low-flying Russian bomber
The Danish Royal Air Force posted a video on August 22 of two of their fighter jets intercepting a Russian bomber, Newsweek International first reported.
The video shows two Danish F-16s flanking a Russian Tu-95 on both sides, and one Danish pilot signaling towards the bomber, near the island of Bornholm, which is between Poland and Sweden according to Newsweek.
The Danish Air Force posted the video on Facebook, but did not detail when the incident took place.
Aircraft intercepts between the west and Russia have increased since 2014, as relations between the two sides have deteriorated largely because of the conflict in Ukraine.
- China's growing submarine force is 'armed to the teeth' — and the rest of the Pacific is racing to keep up
- The US's newest, most advanced attack sub is ready to prowl the seas — check out the USS Colorado
- Iran harassed and humiliated the US Navy under Obama — here's why it stopped under Trump
- Latin America's biggest port just made its largest cocaine seizure ever — the latest bust in a thriving drug-trafficking corridor
- Fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe unleashes on Trump