Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring interns to help research and create curated and original content as well as basic administrative duties. Seeking individuals with interest and experience publishing content to various digital and social media platforms. Candidates with strong writing and organizational skills preferred. We are looking for interns with experience or interest in military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Researching and drafting original posts.
- Assisting editorial team to format and prepare editorial and social media posts.
- Tracking, procuring and curating repurposed content.
- Extensive research.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and lists of potential and future content partners, relevant bloggers and sites, and more.
- Various office administrative tasks including filing, copying, answering phones and more.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to write and edit original blog posts and social media messages.
- Understanding and appreciation of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and more.
- Understanding and appreciation of YouTube and online video.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop.
- Must be eligible for credit through college/university.
Servicemen and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply.
This is a semester-long position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Executive Editor and Administrative Coordinator. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
How African nations boosted a strong anti-terror force to fight jihadis
African nations have decided to battle against the spread of Islamic extremism in Africa. France, along with several European countries, supports them.
Watch the trailer for Clint Eastwood's new Spencer Stone movie
In Clint Eastwood's new movie, "The 15:17 to Paris", he made the boldly cast the three American heroes as themselves. We Are the Mighty has the trailer.
Why the US is suddenly willing to talk to North Korea
The U.S. said it has a direct line of communication with North Korea; coincidentally a day after Dennis Rodman said he wanted to intervene on their behalf.
10 reasons all troops should have a pet
Two of the greatest things ever are pets and our troops coming home. Nothing will pull at your heartstrings like when the two are combined.
12 important things that need to be in your bug-out bag yesterday
There are a lot of disasters happening these days. Our resident operator says you need these bare essentials in case of a fast, unplanned evacuation.
These are the insane dangers of being a combat engineer
Once a combat engineer locates an improvised explosive device, the danger's just begun. These guys are tough as nails as they face danger on each patrol.
Yes, the Army has fixed-wing aircraft and it flew this tank for 30 years
This obscure United States Army transport could bring 30 troops or three pallets of cargo to a location where a C-130 Hercules was unable to land.
5 life lessons today's troops could learn from Vietnam vets
The truth is, that old Vietnam vet you met at the Legion while trying to get cheap drinks isn't all that different from the men and women fighting today.