‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ post-credits scene will make olds very happy
After finishing off Avengers: Endgame with a definitive and decidedly sweet ending, the next big Marvel movie — Spider-Man: Far From Home — will return to Marvel's diabolic plans to get you to sit through the credits for extra scenes. Are there post-credits scenes for Spider-Man: Far From Home and do that matter? The answer is a big yes.
No spoilers ahead.
It's hard to know which of these facts feels more surreal:
- Tom Holland has been in five Marvel movies as Spider-Man at this point
- It's only been five years since Andrew Garfield was in his second Spider-Man movie; which also starred Jamie Foxx getting bitten by electric eels.
- 2019 marks twelve years since Tobey Maguire did his emo-Spider-Man dance routine in Spider-Man 3.
Feeling old yet? If so, there's some very good news about Spider-Man: Far From Home. The post-credits scene is basically made for olds. If you remember seeing the first Tobey Maguire Spidey-flick like the same year you were able to legally buy alcohol for the first time (or maybe even before) then this post-credits scene is for you.
We aren't going to spoil what it is exactly yet, but let's just put it this way: There are two post-credits scenes for Spider-Man: Far From Home, and the first one is the one you've got to see. Technically, this is what the pros call a "mid-credits" scene because it happens pretty quickly after the movie "ends." (These movies never end.)
Will this scene make everyone happy? Yes. Does it set-up great things for the next big phase of Marvel movies. Big yes.
So, word of warning, between now and July 2, 2019, avoid spoilers as much as you can. This might not as Endgame-level as some thought, but if you're of a certain age, it's going to be very, very cool.
Spider-Man: Far From Home is out in theaters on July 2, 2019, which is, friendly reminder, a freaking Tuesday.
This article originally appeared on Fatherly. Follow @FatherlyHQ on Twitter.
- The CIA takes on Marvel Comics tech it considers a real possibility ... ›
- Construction Has Begun on a Marvel Theme Park at Disneyland ... ›
- 'Captain Marvel' '90s Soundtrack: Stream Garbage, Hole, TLC, No ... ›