Apologies for spoiling the ending, but the upcoming World War II movie "Midway" is about one of the United States' greatest military victories in our war with Japan.
The film opens in theaters Nov. 8, 2019, just in time for Veterans Day weekend.
Director Roland Emmerich ("The Patriot," "Independence Day" and "White House Down") has spent decades trying to get "Midway" made, and improving technology has finally allowed him to match the movie to his vision.
The studio debuted a new trailer, and you can watch it below.
"Midway" stars Woody Harrelson as Adm. Chester Nimitz and features an epic cast that includes Luke Evans, Patrick Wilson, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid, Nick Jonas, Aaron Eckhart and Darren Criss.
The Battle of Midway was truly a turning point in World War II. If the Japanese had won, the entire West Coast would have been exposed, and the alternate history imagined by a show like "The Man in the High Castle" would have been a real possibility.
This article originally appeared on Military.com. Follow @militarydotcom on Twitter.
- Coast Guard Cutter Provides World War II Aviator with Final Sendoff ... ›
- Cruise Ship Carrying Sightseers Collides with World War II ... ›
- Woman Loans Wedding Dress Made from Husband's WWII ... ›
- WWII Veteran, 95, Dies on Final Leg of Honor Flight | Military.com ›
- This World War II Vet Is Turning 100, and She'd Like a Birthday Card ... ›