Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring interns to help research and create curated and original content as well as basic administrative duties. Seeking individuals with interest and experience publishing content to various digital and social media platforms. Candidates with strong writing and organizational skills preferred. We are looking for interns with experience or interest in military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Researching and drafting original posts.
- Assisting editorial team to format and prepare editorial and social media posts.
- Tracking, procuring and curating repurposed content.
- Extensive research.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and lists of potential and future content partners, relevant bloggers and sites, and more.
- Various office administrative tasks including filing, copying, answering phones and more.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to write and edit original blog posts and social media messages.
- Understanding and appreciation of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and more.
- Understanding and appreciation of YouTube and online video.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop.
- Must be eligible for credit through college/university.
Servicemen and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply.
This is a semester-long position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Executive Editor and Administrative Coordinator. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.