No matter the setting, there's always a song or two that can get the party going in the right direction. Military parties are no different. These 7 songs are so full of energy and easy to song along with that they'll help you get a bar full of military folks sangin' and drankin' immediately.
7. 'God Bless the USA' by Lee Greenwood
This song is so patriotic that it's often played at military events and gatherings. It's regularly selected as one of the closing song of Tops in Blue, the Air Force's premiere entertainment troupe. This song — well, at least the chorus of it — will get all the mugs raised.
6. 'Friends in Low Places' by Garth Brooks
An almost-universal drinking song. Think of this one as military/drinking gospel
5. 'Bodies' by Drowning Pool
This song is the soundtrack to this generation's war memoirs. It's safe to say that 80% or more of the deployment videos made in the last 15 years have this one somewhere in the mix
4. 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns N' Roses
Adrenaline pumping from the very first note... it just feels good
3. 'Family Tradition' by Hank Williams Jr.
This whole song may not belong on this list, but the chorus is legendary. There's an irresistible call-and-response that fills the walls with joy and camaraderie.
2. 'Born to Be Wild' by Steppenwolf
A military anthem from yesteryear, this song has never and will likely never get old, even though the song itself is almost a senior citizen. For the comic nerds out there, know that this band actually pre-dates the DC supervillian of the same name.
1. 'Sweet Home Alabama' by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Just play this song. No matter where you are, no matter who is around, play this song and you'll understand exactly why it's here. No need for Southern allegiance, this song will get it going no matter where you are.
- Lee Greenwood and the USAF Band singing 'God Bless the U.S.A.' will give you chills - Americas Military Entertainment Brand ›