10 of the funniest 'Top Gun' memes ever created
When Tony Scott's Top Gun landed in cinemas, it was an instant blockbuster, pulling in over $350 million worldwide.
Filled with adrenaline-packed scenes, Top Gun made audience members of all ages want to be the next woman-chasing, hotshot pilot.
Little did everyone know, years down the line, the iconic movie would give rise to some pretty hilarious memes.
1. Just when you thought you couldn't find anyone to go to the bar and pick up chicks with, Maverick saves the day!
However, if she turns out to be a flight instructor, you better help him sing her a song.
2. As writers, we just want to entertain our audience the best we can.
Well, we'll try better on the next meme.
3. When a shirtless game of volleyball gets too real
Please, no more missiles or guns.
4. "Sky dick" jokes will never get old... at least we hope not.
Use the answer, "because I was inverted" for every question you field today.
5. It's okay when Maverick does it, but for everyone else, it's considered a bad thing.
"Oh, Maverick. You're so charming."
6. We hope every boring training instructor reads this before heading into a class.
Nope. The powerpoint will still be boring. F*ck... we failed at getting the word out.
7. Top Gun 2 will come out... one day.
Tom Cruise will still want to do his own stunts.
8. See! We told you Sky Dick jokes will never die!
It literally won't ever get old. Our careers at WATM are counting on it.
Don't Forget: 11 hilarious Marine memes that are freaking spot on
9. Proof Brian Williams was a veteran.
We were way off!
10. Write this down in case you forget.
Did you write it down? Because we don't think you did.