Our military humor is dark, and we have plenty of it.
Although we continually bark jokes at our rivals branches, it's all in good fun — and we don't want it to stop.
That said, here are eleven memes for our brothers and sisters who claim the title of "soldier."
11. "But the Marines took a lot of little islands!"
10. Accept who you are.
And don't run from it, because you can't.
9. There's some disagreement about where the Army's pit of misery is.
Welcome to hell!
8. Guess how I know it's not Fort Bragg. (via US Army WTF Moments)
7. Holy sh*t! Behold, the original drill sergeant. (via U.S. Army WTF Moments)
May the knife hand grace the faces of all those who follow your words.
Check Out: 13 of the worst tattoos in the military
6. No matter what the Facebook argument is, keep that ace ready to go.
Some talk the talk, few walk the walk.
5. Meanwhile, over at Big Army... (via Decelerate your Life)
Your life officially starts now. It's all downhill from here.
4. Larger casualty radius but you've got to throw a lot more of them for 360-degrees of effects (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
3. I mean, PT belts do prevent pregnancy... (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
Well, that's what my platoon medic said anyway.
2. Stop playing Sergeant White, we all know we're basically your personal dwarves (via Why I'm Not Re-enlisting).
Moral of the story: Never believe any order you hear until you actually see them in action.
1. Someone's NCO, battle buddies, and common sense have failed them (via The Salty Soldier).
Hopefully, you'll get there soon... One day.