Great military movies impact audiences by entertaining the crap out of them. Then, inspired, the viewer's own creative sense of humor sparks and memes are born.
Memes are an excellent way to put images together to make hilarious jokes that only a select group of people understand.
So, check out 11 of the best military movie memes ever written (probably).
11. The military does have some interestingly lousy tattoo policies in place. Unfortunately, getting some "tatts" might have been a mistake, but it's never hurt anyone in battle... Right?
10. Yes, grenades explosions aren't as cool-looking as you thought they'd be. Hollywood movies have screwed your war fantasies once again!
9. Although Chief is headed out for the day, the common spaces look dirty just 30 minutes after they were scrubbed.
8. Animal Mother is as stoic as he is brutally honest — and we love that.
7. In war, we continuously quote other films that relate to the situations we find ourselves in. It's part of our dark humor.
6. We age in the military in record time. But, make a remark like this, and you'll see your sergeant age right in front of you.
5. When a single frame in an Academy Award film gets it so wrong, but only we see it.
4. Oh, burn! He has a dirty mind — and we like that.
Don't Forget: 11 memes that are way too real for every Corpsman
3. If you've ever deployed to the Middle East, you may have had to defend your seabag against a giant spider-looking thingy.
2. Not every pirate can be as intelligent and charming as Jack Sparrow, but it's funny to watch them try.