9 troops who showed up to work and didn't have a good day
Life in the military can be rougher than you think. From the tough training we receive to all the complicated gear we get to play with — it’s all in a day’s work.
As impressive and cool-looking as the military may seem on the surface, there are some pretty nasty spills and mistakes endured on the road to becoming the experts.
So, check out nine troops who showed up to work and didn’t have a good day. We’ve all been there!
9. You just need to find that sweet spot that can put any hard charger on the floor.
8. He woke up at 0500 just to be hanging outside of plane by 0600.
7. All he wanted to do was get some shut-eye before heading back to work.
6. You got it! Almost there. Just a few more steps. Damn.
5. A direct shot to the gut will screw up anyone’s day.
4. This troop forgot to yell “Kobe!” before completely wiping out.
3. One poor soul got his jewels manhandled while another got tasered. Just an ordinary day in the Air Force.
2. We don’t think these guys are allowed to park here…but there isn’t a sign saying they can’t.
1. This Russian troop gets run over by four large tires and walks away — probably to the ER.
Nigeria will spend a billion dollars to fight Boko Haram
Boko Haram, once one of the most feared groups in Africa, is still a problem. Nigeria, however, has decided they aren't putting up with them anymore.
ISIS may have obtained anti-tank missiles from the CIA
Somehow, ISIS has gotten a hold of weapons purchased by the CIA and Saudi Arabia and dispersed, without permission from either, to allied fighters.
How the Army plans to counter massive drone attacks
The United States military is experiencing more and more drone attacks in combat zones, and they have a plan to start shooting them down faster.
Marines want to swarm enemy defenses with hundreds of small boats
It looks like the Marine Corps is ready to get their own boats instead of borrowing them from the Navy all the time. Is this the end of water taxis?
This bearded Marine brings joy to the Corps
He's making a gear list. He's checking it twice. Gonna find out who's boot or grunt. Gunny Clause is coming on base. So stand at ease, kiddos.
This new device helps amputees manage phantom limb pain
Amira Idris designed a device helps amputees experiencing the phenomenon known as phantom limb pain (PLP) — and now she's giving the device to vets.
5 stories you may have missed for the week of December 16th
With everything going on in the world, it's difficult to keep track of every story that pops up. Check the stories you may have missed this week.
This is why the U.S.military uses 5.56mm ammo instead of 7.62mm
A common debate among gun enthusiasts revolves around why the U.S. chose to implement the 5.56mm N.A.T.O. round into service instead of the 7.62mm.
Combat Flip Flops are all about freedom — and not just for your feet
Buy a comfy pair of flip flops — put Afghanistan to work. Buy your lady a sarong — put an Afghan girl through school. This is global democracy, step two.