The 13 funniest memes for the week of Nov. 3
What happened this week in the military? No. Really. What happened??
Bergdahl will walk free. The actual Green Berets are trying stop green berets from being issued to other soldiers. A judge halted the President’s ban on transgender soldiers. These are incredibly polarizing issues for the U.S. military and its veterans.
You know what isn’t polarizing? Memes.
And here are the dankest memes from the veteran world this week.
1. Betsy Ross is playing with fire.
2. Trim those sideburns, soldier. (via People of the PX)
3. But he’s paying 26% interest on that Nissan. (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said)
4. Charlie Sheen has a Google Alert for this. (via Decelerate Your Life)
5. Gear adrift is a gift.
6. Every one thinks they’re a foreign policy expert.
7. Veterans know leadership. (via U.S. Army WTF Moments)
8. In the Army, Forrest Gump is considered a genius.
9. “Welcome to Fort Bragg”
10. A good king leads his troops from the front.
11. Crew chiefs get their name on the plane for a reason.
12. Now we both have a machine gun. Ho Ho Ho. (via the Salty Soldier)
13. Getting that first job after separating is tough.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.
US Navy searches for 3 missing sailors after plane crashes en route to USS Ronald Reagan
The US Navy is conducting a search for the 3 missing sailors after a plane carrying 11 passengers crashed into the sea southeast of Okinawa.
If you don't know about Sword & Plough, you are wrong
The Holidays, like a hyped-up drill sergeant, are upon you. Don't you wish you had a 12-day guide to the best vet-made gifts around? Ho! Ho! Hoo-rah!
Why the 'Butcher of Bosnia' faces a life sentence for war crimes
Ratko Mladic, a former Serbian general, will receive a verdict from the International Criminal Tribunal for war crimes he committed, to include genocide.
Russia swears a cloud of radioactive pollution is not a nuclear accident
A radioactive cloud is moving over parts of Europe, seemingly coming from Russia, reminiscent of the Chernobyl nuclear-power-plant disaster in 1986.
Taliban drug labs targeted by B-52 strikes overnight
American aircraft have targeted drug producing facilities in Afghanistan for the first time under a new strategy aimed at cutting off Taliban funding.