10 gifts for the man in your life who's operator AF
My Marine husband is the worst to shop for.
The worst, I tell you.
The man sees something he wants and he hauls off and buys it. It makes Christmas shopping extremely difficult.
So in an effort to put together a good Christmas list I asked him to consult with me on an article for WATM's "10 gifts for the man in your life who's operator AF."
This is what he sent me:
1. Operator Stocking
This stocking is definitely operator AF.
High Speed Operator Stocking / Accessory Pouch
- Double Zipper Main Pocket
- Santa Clause Approved & Compatible.
- Modular Webbing for Pouch Attachment
- 3x Polymer D-Rings
- Integrated Drag / Carry Handle
- 2x Hanging Hooks
- External Small Pouch with Elastic Cord Closure
- 3"x2" Patch Panel
- Made from High Durability Nylon Fabric
2. Hidden gun rack
No one will ever catch him by surprise as he's flexing in this mirror.
N.J. Concealment Furniture surface mounted wall mirror
- 16"x52"x3.75" inside 12" x48" 2 3/4"
- Solid hardwood with hardwood plywood back.
- 2 1/4" Kaizen foam
- mounting hardware
- Includes magnetic lock and one magnetic key.
3. Plate carrier
...Because every operator should wear this every time he leaves the house.
Plate Carrier With Cummerbund Molle Style
- tab "panes"
- External cummerbund that offers a more stable MOLLE platform
- Cummerbund is fully adjustable and removable
- Small/Medium has three rows of MOLLE webbing
- Large/ X-Large has four rows of MOLLE webbing
- Carrier is not releasable
- Armor not provided
4. SureFire weapons light
...For seeing under the couch and shit.
Surefire X300U-A 600 Lumen LED WeaponLight Rail Lock
- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Tactical-level output with TIR lens for close- to longer-range applications
- Quick-detach rail clamp
- Accepts optional pistol grip and long gun forend switches
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Construction—High-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; impact-resistant polymer; coated tempered window
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
5. A sweet 1911 handgun
Because every SureFire needs a firearm attached (..and because this is MARSOC AF!).
M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistol
- M1070CQBP SPECIFICATIONS
- CALIBER .45 ACP
- WEIGHT 2.8lbs (1.27 kg)
- CAPACITY 7+1 Wilson Magazine
- OVERALL LENGTH 8.5in (21.59cm)
- BARREL LENGTH 5in (12.7cm)
- FIRING ACTION Single Action
- FIRING SYSTEM Series 80
6. JetBoil stove
Because even operators need their coffee.
Jetboil Flash Cooking System
- Best Use Backpacking
- Fuel Type Canister
- Fuel Isobutane-propane
- Auto Ignition Yes
- Integrated Pot Yes
- Burn Time (Max Flame) 100g canister: 42 minutes
- Average Boil Time 4 min. 30 sec.
- Dimensions 7.1 x 4.5 x 4.1 inches
- Liquid Capacity (L) 1 liter
- Liquid Capacity (fl. oz.) 33.8 fluid ounces
- Weight 15.25 ounces
7. Kevlar helmet
Holidays are coming. So are the in-laws. Enough said.
3M Combat High Cut Helmet with Rails and NVG Shroud
- Meets or exceeds NIJ Level IIIA ballistic standard for penetration
- Meets a minimum of 650 mps V-50 for 17 grain tested according to STANAG 2920
- Shell sizes: S-XL
- Variable thickness, 7 impact absorbing pads can be adjusted or removed for individual comfort
- Pad thickness sizes: standard size 6 @ 3/4" or optimal size 8 @ 1"
- Weight: starting at 2.4 lbs (small)
- Includes: Wilcox NVG mount and side accessory rails
Sometimes an operator just needs to hang shit in the back yard and sleep there.
OneLink Sleep System - JungleNest
- JungleNest Hammock
- Your Choice of Atlas or Helios Straps
- Your Choice of Rain Tarp
- Set of Carabiners Included
- Set of Stakes Included
9. Combat boots
For stomping on all those battery operated toys his mother-in-law is going to send the kids this year.
Nike Special Field Men's Boot
- Quick-drying synthetic leather overlays for durability and support
- Multiple ventilation zones that allow the boot to breathe and drain quickly
- Genuine leather footbed for durability, flexibility and comfort
- Nike Free-inspired outsole, designed for traction and natural range of motion
- Sticky rubber forefoot lugs for exceptional traction on all terrain
- Weight: 15.9 ounces (men's size 9)
10. Backpacking stove
For when the holidays get to be too much and he takes his SureFire, JungleNest and JetBoil out to the woods for a few days. He'll need to cook.
MSR WhisperLite Universal Backpacking Stove
- Best Use Backpacking
- Fuel Type Canister, Liquid
- Fuel Auto, Isobutane-propane, White Gas, Kerosene
- Burn Time (Max Flame) (20 oz.white gas) 1 hr. 50 min. / (8 oz. isobutane) 1 hr. 15 min.
- Average Boil Time (White gas) 3 min. 30 sec. / (isobutane) 3 min. 45 sec.
- Dimensions 6 x 6 x 4.75 inches
- Weight (Stove, pump & canister mount) 13.7 ounces