Lists Apr. 07, 2015 03:26PM EST
9 reasons you should have joined the Air Force instead
You had choices when you showed up at the recruiting offices at your local strip mall. If you didn't pick USAF you missed out, and here are 9 reasons why:
1. We call each other by our first names and don't get hung up on rank. (It helps us prepare for not working as a grocery store bagger when we separate.)
2. Because Chuck Norris.
3. The Air Force coined the term "counterspace operations" because it couldn't be contained to just this planet.
4. The Air Force has the best and the most expensive toys. This is why the Air Force budget is the largest. You've only seen the B-2 because we wanted you to see the B-2. The other ones are the //redacted//, the //redacted//, and best of all the //redacted//.
5. The Air Force ages gracefully. (The SR-71 Blackbird is still the coolest thing ever made for the US military.)
6. Iron Man and the War Machine are stationed at Nellis Air Force Base.
7. The enlisted have the same or better operational survival rate than the officers.
8. No service delivers more freedom in one serving.
9. We have more female general officers than any other branch.
That's four more stars than you'll ever have.