Get ready to see some familiar GOT faces in ‘Lord of the Rings’ series
Amazon has announced the cast details for its upcoming "Lord of the Rings" series, which includes two "Game of Thrones" alumni.
Robert Aramayo joins the cast in the role previously vacated by "Midsommar" actor Will Poulter, who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. This is said to be the protagonist role.
In HBO's "Game of Thrones," Aramayo played a young Ned Stark, which offers up another "Lord of the Rings" connection as Sean Bean played the older Ned in "Game of Thrones" and Boromir in Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
Sean Bean played Ned Stark and Boromir.
(HBO/Warner Bros./New Line Cinema)
Joseph Mawle is the other "Game of Thrones" actor who will now feature in Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" series, although it is unknown what role Mawle will have in the show.
Mawle played Benjen Stark in "Thrones," brother of Ned — so it seems the Starks are heading to Middle Earth.
Joseph Mawle played Benjen Stark in "Thrones."
The series will be set during the 3,441-year period, known as the Age of Númenor, or the Second Age.
The cast also includes Tom Budge, Markella Kavenagh, Sophia Nomvete, and Nazanin Boniadi, who stars in 'Bombshell' this year. As reported by Variety, the only cast member with a named character attached to them at this time is Morfydd Clark, who will be playing a young Galadriel.
Filming for the series is set to take place this year ahead of a 2021 release.
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- Here's the movie that won best picture at the Golden Globes the year you were born
- You can stay in a 'Hobbit Hole' Airbnb in Ireland for just 0 a night
- Iranian commander and Trump fought each other with "Game of Thrones" memes before airstrike on General Soleimani
- A rabbit in a bowtie sipped champagne and ate croissants in business class, and it'll make you feel bad about flying economy
- Next Stop: The 10 US cities to visit in 2020