From original programming to the biggest movies released in theaters (albeit, a while ago), there’s a lot to watch on HBO. So we’re here to point out what you need to see right away on HBO Go or HBO Now.
In August 2019, you can finally watch the lord of the seas, “Aquaman,” from the comfort of your own home. You can also check out one of the best movies of 2018, “The Favourite.” And if you are looking for a classic, can we interest you in “The Lost Boys”?
Here are 7 movies to check out on HBO in August 2019:
1. “Body Heat” (Available August 1)
A modern-day telling of the classic film noir “Double Indemnity,” William Hurt is persuaded by his lover, played by Kathleen Turner, to murder her rich husband.
2. “The Lost Boys” (Available August 1)
This late 1980s classic stars Jason Patric and Corey Haim as two brothers who move into a town that turns out to be a haven for young, good looking vampires, led by Kiefer Sutherland.
3. “The Favourite” (Available August 3)
Olivia Colman walked away with the best actress Oscar for her role as Queen Anne in this twisted dark comedy set in early 18th century England. Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz also deliver incredible performances.
4. “Aquaman” (Available August 10)
James Wan’s ridiculously fun superhero movie looks at the origin story of Aquaman. Jason Momoa is perfect in the role of Arthur, while the CGI in this movie is mind-blowing.
5. “Mortal Engines” (Available August 24)
I still have no clue what “Mortal Engines” is. I guess it was a book people liked? Peter Jackson is involved? Hey, this is an example of why HBO exists — see movies you would never dare buy a ticket for.
6. “The Mule” (Available August 27)
Clint Eastwood plays a 90-year-old Korean War vet who, in the hopes of getting some cash, finds himself becoming a drug mule for the Mexican cartel.
7. “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” (Available August 31)
Melissa McCarthy received an Oscar nomination for her performance as author Lee Israel who, desperate for work, begins forging letters from famous deceased authors and playwrights and selling them.
This article originally appeared on Insider. Follow @thisisinsider on Twitter.
- Birth rates are at an all-time low in the US, and experts fear it could turn the country into a ‘demographic time bomb’
- There’s now evidence that jogging is the best exercise for people whose genes make them more likely to be obese
- Skittles’ new Halloween pack includes a hidden ‘disgusting’ flavor that tastes like ‘rotten zombie’