People are raising money for Australia by hanging from workout benches
First, it was the Ice Bucket challenge then it was the Mannequin Challenge. Now, the Koala Challenge is going viral — and for good reason.
FITAID, a fitness beverage company, has challenged people to participate in the Koala Challenge to help raise money for the people, firefighters, and wildlife affected by the wildfires in Australia. For every video that is posted on social media of someone doing the challenge, the company will donate $5.
In the Koala Challenge, you must start by lying flat on your on top of a work out bench then shift your entire body to the underside of the bench without ever touching the floor. If done correctly, you will be hanging from the underside of the bench, looking just like a relaxed koala.
The challenge isn't for everyone, as it does take a great deal of strength, but some have succeeded.
Others gave it their best shot.
Meanwhile, some partipants took a more creative approach.
If the Koala Challenge is too hard for you, there are plenty of other organizations that accept donations to help fight the fires in Australia.
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- 60 viral moments that delighted us, disappointed us, and defined the 2010s
- Celebrities are posting videos of themselves dancing for Women's History Month, and the trend's going viral
- Devastating images of burned koalas and wallabies are emerging from Australia as 1 billion animals are feared dead
- Red skies are blanketing southeast Australia as hundreds of fires ravage the country
- Australia's bushfires are producing so much smoke that NASA expects it to travel all the way around the world and return to Australia