Here are the stories you need to know about as you get ready for the 4th of July long weekend. (And if you’ve got the duty . . . thank you for your service.)
- The false alarm at the Navy Yard was triggered by a ‘loud boom.’ The Washington Post has the story here.
- The Pentagon has released a new national military strategy. Make sure you’re using the right playbook here.
- Fireworks bother dogs and veterans. The Toronto Blade fuels the narrative here.
- Military recruits are still not issued American-made sneakers. ABC News tees up the outrage here.
- No military, no 4th of July. Philly.com reminds us of what all ‘Mericans should already know and respect here.