VA hiring housekeeping staff: immediate need to fill positions nationwide
VA is seeking housekeeping staff to fill numerous, immediate openings at health care facilities in Boston and across the country. Boston alone has 57 available housekeeping positions. Temporary, permanent, part-time and full-time positions are available.
During a time of high unemployment, we offer job security, a regular paycheck, excellent benefits and an awesome mission: giving back to our nation's Veterans.
Our housekeeping staff support our mission to help Veterans get better fast by keeping facilities clean and safe for patients, staff and visitors. And Veterans who become housekeeping aides will work alongside fellow Veterans, who make up 85% of VA's custodial staff.
With new openings posted daily, be sure to visit the VA Careers website often for the most up-to-date postings across the United States and its territories. You also can apply specifically for positions in Boston. Transferring between locations is easy and you'll take all of your benefits with you, including accumulated paid time off.
"VA depends on our housekeeping staff to keep our medical centers and outpatient clinics clean and safe for those providing and receiving care," said Darren Sherrard, associate director of VA recruitment marketing. "Now more than ever, we are grateful to those who show up every day to perform the vital tasks without which our facilities could not operate."
Enjoy excellent benefits
As a VA housekeeping aide, you'll receive:
- Paid vacation time that starts building right away, paid sick leave and 10 paid federal holidays.
- Comprehensive health insurance, including dental and vision care, which may become effective on the first full pay period after you start your job.
- Generous retirement benefits through the Federal Employees' Retirement System, or FERS, a three-tier retirement plan that includes a 401(k)-type savings plan with an up to 5% employer match, Social Security and pension.
Child care and transportation assistance programs may also be available. VA employees who have previously served in the military or another federal government role continue to accumulate retirement benefits.
Work at VA today
If you're looking for a satisfying career working with other Veterans for Veterans, explore our openings for housekeeping aides at vacareers.va.gov.
- EXPLORE VA support staff careers and apply for an open position near you.
- LEARN about the benefits of a VA career.
- VISIT vacareers.va.gov for information about VA and how to apply for a position.
This article originally appeared on VAntage Point. Follow @DeptVetAffairs on Twitter.