The inaugural Airman Podcast for the At Altitude channel features a conversation with Dr. Will Roper, the assistant secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics.
As the Air Force's Service Acquisition Executive, Dr. Roper is responsible for and oversees Air Force research, development and acquisition activities totaling an annual budget in excess of $40 billion for more than 465 acquisition programs.
In this position, Dr. Roper serves as the principal advisor to the secretary and chief of staff of the Air Force for research and development, test, production and modernization efforts within the Air Force.
In the interview from early in 2019, Dr. Roper discusses how reforming the acquisition process is foundation to building the Air Force we need to maintain dominance in the battlespace today and tomorrow.
Listen to At Altitude Podcasts here.
This article originally appeared on The Aviationist. Follow @theaviationist on Twitter.
- Tuskegee Airman posthumously honored after decades MIA | Article ... ›
- Airman completes Marine Corps NCO course > U.S. Air Force ... ›
- Airmen test limits at Ranger Assessment Course > U.S. Air Force ... ›
- A1C with Ph.D. lands job at nuclear treaty monitoring center > U.S. ... ›
- Marines save airman's life in Okinawa > The Official United States ... ›