For starters, think of this program in the same light as the People's Choice Awards in the entertainment industry. While the Emmys and Academy Awards have their place, the People's Choice Awards are specifically designed "For the People, By the People". Similarly, the MVC Choice Awards receive no marketing firm input, no senior leadership influence, no media company buys, just the opinions of those we trust the most…our fellow service members, veterans, and military spouses. And since it's all about the vote, here are some of the reasons you should take the time to do it!
1. It counts
There are so many awards you can spend time voting for in the military community that are eventually decided by a small group of panelists. Unfortunately, sometimes the popular vote isn't all that popular, and sometimes the results aren't even close to what the community thinks. With the MVC Choice Awards, the results are based 100% on the popular vote. No crazy formulas or algorithms, no panelists deciding what you should think is important. Just a vote based on real-life experiences from those of us who have actually lived them.
Bonus: Voting is only open to members of our community – service members, veterans, and military spouses.
2. Community chosen nominees
Military life is complicated at times, but the MVC Choice Awards aren't. You're 100% in control. After you are verified to vote, you can nominate any company or organization of your choice. Just add a few pieces of information about the organization and we'll verify and do the rest. After that you're all set, and others can go and vote for the businesses and organizations you've nominated!
Bonus: All verified voters can nominate as many organizations as they want.
3. Verified voters
We take these awards seriously, because we know how much an award can impact an organization and how it can sway your thoughts and actions. We understand that by naming an award winner, more people will look to them for support and expect quality service. That's why we verify who is voting, and why, you can't vote for the same organization more than once in a given year. No one will be able to vote for themselves every day throughout the open period. As a verified voter, you help encourage businesses and organizations to support our community and also say thanks to those that have been doing just that.
Bonus: Our hosting partner, GovX, is handling the verification process.
Our next hosting partner is @PCSgrades. PCSgrades is a platform for military & veteran families to grade their PCS to better inform military families moving to that duty station. PCSgrades will help us with the voting process (which kicks off tomorrow)! #mvcchoiceawards pic.twitter.com/3vDsGRhqD0— MVC Choice Awards (@MVCchoiceawards) June 7, 2019
Not quite convinced yet? Here are 3 more bonus reasons to vote.
- The three nominees with the highest ratings in each category, will be invited to attend the MVC Choice Awards Banquet at the Washington D.C. Hilton on 10 September 2019 during the Military Influencer Conference (Hosting Partner), with the top organization for each category being announced on stage.
- The top three from each award category will also be recognized online when the official winner list is published by Task & Purpose (Awards Hosting Partner).
- Data collected through votes in the "PCS & Relocations" category will be made available on-demand, year-round, through PCSgrades for anybody researching their next PCS or relocation.
Help us recognize those who support our community and get ready to cast your vote!
This article originally appeared on PCSgrades. Follow @PCSgrades on Twitter.
- Sustainable energy projects help Army garner award | Article | The ... ›
- This rare Army award is given to aviators who expertly crash - We ... ›
- 10th Mountain Soldier to be posthumously awarded Medal of Honor ... ›