All was quiet in the world of military memes until a Blue Star mom chimed in on Twitter about her yeoman son and the internet went freakin' nuts. All political undertones aside, the most hilarious part of the meme was her bragging about her son being "#1 in boot camp and A school" and how he was awarded the coveted "USO Award" — pretty much every vet laughed because none of those are a thing.
The Navy vet took it all in stride. He and his brother verified themselves on Twitter and he set the record straight after his mom's rant that turned into the latest and greatest copypasta. He's down to Earth, loves his cat, and doesn't seem like the kinda guy who'd brag about nonsense to his mother.
And, to be completely honest, it was kind of bound to happen. She had the best of intentions and military mommas embarrassing their baby warfighters is nothing new. Personally, I'm just glad my mom doesn't know how to use her Twitter or else I'd be in the exact same situation.
Anyways, here're some other memes that aren't getting world news coverage.
1. The difference between deployment and TDY gets blurrier with each passing year.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
2. One of these things is not like the other...
(Meme via PT Belt Nation)
3. "Quick! Hide behind the couch until the next round!"
(Meme via Smokepit Fairytales)
4. Something tells me that Pvt. Love and Pvt. Butts were going to be permanent battle buddies until the Plt. Sergeant found Spc. Licking.
(Meme via You Might Be A Veteran If...)
5. That'll teach you. Obviously.
(Meme via Private News Network)
6. Something tells me that the root cause was actually a Chili Mac MRE...
(Meme via Military Memes)
7. Trying to get out of the barracks like...
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
8. The greatest way to mess with troops is to start forming a line at a random doorway and see who follows.
(Meme via Shammers United)
9. "But, I... No, that's not what I... Dammit..."
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
10. Instructions unclear. Got chemlight stuck in fan.
(Meme via Uniform Humor)
11. It's a wonder how any troop survives for an entire enlistment living like this.
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
12. There's a waiver for Combat Janitor with your name on it!
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
13. Everyone acts surprised when troops don't feel like reenlisting but turn a blind eye when there's a 100%-accountability formation because someone lost an experimental MRE.
(Meme by We Are The Mighty)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 7th - We ... ›
- Here are the 13 funniest memes for the week of September 14th ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 21st - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of September 28th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of October 5th - We Are ... ›