So apparently there are talks within the Senate to give each troop who deployed under the Global War on Terrorism $2,500 as part of the AFGHAN Service Act, which would also negotiate the end of the conflict.
On one hand, sure. I'd love the money. Bills suck ass and cash is king. On the other hand, well, let's look at the lettering of the bill. It's a one-time payment, and it'd be sent out to every troop who's deployed anywhere under the Global War on Terrorism. I can only imagine the impending sh*tstorm that'd come when everyone got that check in the mail.
Deploying one time to Kuwait would get you the money, deploying multiple times to Afghanistan still only gets you one check and the older vets who served before 9/11 get nothing. See where I'm going here? The veteran community will turn into the freakin' Thunderdome. But then again... that is a rent payment...
Anyways, enjoy some memes before the ensuing sh*tstorm!
1. Being the "King of Battle" has nothing to do with chess.
(Meme via Keep Calm and Call for Artillery)
2. You know which ever boot ass lieutenant came up with the ridiculous order for the new Army Combat Readiness Test probably got some sort of medal....
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
3. Gruntpa is back at it again!
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
4. "Nah, I still see a smudge on your rucksack. How dare you insult us by bringing that garbage in here."
(Meme via Not CID)
5. They build character.
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
6. It's known among the enlisted men as the "great equalizer" since we'll all be the same rank sooner or later.
(Meme via US Army WTF Moments)
7. You can still be useful by making sure the soldiers and Marines don't go black on ammo by giving them yours.
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
8. This whole situation would be less terrifying if both countries didn't have stockpiles of nukes at their disposal.
(Meme via Heretically Humid History Posting)
9. It's called "testing the air conditioning" and it's a very serious task.
(Meme via Private News Network)
10. Click this link here if you've deployed between 2003 and 2015 and were exposed to obnoxious leaders who didn't bust their ass off for their rank, yet tell you that you're not busting yours hard enough. It's not a class action lawsuit or a settlement. It's a meme.
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
11. Still looks better than Will Smith's genie in the Aladdin live-action remake.
(Meme via Lance Corpsman)
12. Funny how your body reacts to all the terrible crap you do to it when you get that DD-214.
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
13. That'd be awfully embarrassing if your husband got demoted...
(Meme via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 1st - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 8th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of February 15th - We ... ›
- The 13 funniest memes for the week of February 22nd - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 1st - We Are ... ›