I've already made up my mind that if the Space Force starts opening up its doors to include combat arms within my lifetime, I'd be at the recruiting office in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter that knowing how I'd react, I'd probably be a random Red Shirt who'd have his back turned at the worst possible moment and say something ironic like "the coast is clear!" before getting eaten by something.
Then Senator Ted Cruz in a Senate hearing advocating the Space Force planted the ultimate idea in my head... Space Pirates. Sure, the memes were taken slightly out of context because he was referring to rogue nations attacking satellites and not the swashbuckling buccaneers we're thinking of. But is it a bad thing that kinda makes me want to join the Space Force even more?
It'll take far too long for us to make first contact with aliens yet it'll only take a few decades for space travel to be affordable enough for us to get down on some Firefly or Babylon 5-type action. We're counting on you, Elon Musk. Make this dream come true!
While we wait for the cold dark reality that the Space Force will probably be far less exciting in our lifetimes than pop culture expects, here are some memes.
1. All these Brigade vs Brigade f*ck-f*ck games are coming to a head just before the 101st Week of the Eagles. This is about to get far more interesting.
(Meme via Not CID)
2. Except when you're deployed and trying to sleep at 0200. Then you just get used to it...
(Meme via Air Force Nation & Humor)
3. "I don't know, Hanz, he said something about my mother being a hamster and my father smelling like elderberries."
Fun fact: The insult from Monty Python was actually implying that King Arthur's mom reproduced fast like a small rodent and his father was a drunk who could only afford the lowest quality wine. The more you know!
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
4. Do what I did. Just go off-post to a used gear shop and pick one up for $20 and return that one to CIF. You keep your woobie from deployment and you don't have to pay $75 in a statement of charges.
(Meme via Infantry Follow Me)
5. The constant 12-mile ruck marches in full gear probably had nothing to do with it.
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
6. If you're also the type of person to scoff at using your GI Bill for whatever reason and still hope to find something other than an entry level position... I got bad news for you...
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
7. "What a shock...and the lower enlisted only get a certificate of appreciation for deploying..."
(Meme via Hooah My Ass Off)
8. Nearly everything added to safety briefs begins with an awesome story.
(Meme via Disgruntled Vets)
9. Just wait until you get to that "I'm already halfway to retirement" crossroad...
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
10. But then how could you miss the dope barracks parties like when the dudes from second platoon rip down a barracks door and use it as a beer pong table?
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
11. Not all installations are created equal...
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
(Meme via U.S. Veterans Network)
13. Ever wonder why, for all practical purposes, fresh-out-of-OCS butter bars don't actually outrank a first sergeant? This is why.
(Meme via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of April 12th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of April 19th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of April 26th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 3rd - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of May 10th - We Are ... ›