The Top Gun 2 trailer dropped, and I have to say that I am so f*cking pumped. The first was a bit of a guilty pleasure, and this seems to be the right way to make a long-awaited sequel. There's a lot of suspension of disbelief when it comes to military films, but Maverick honestly seems like the kinda guy to stay in the Navy for 30 years and only make Captain.
I guess he really was flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong for all these years...
Just think. Now there's going to be an entirely new generation that overlooked the fact that Maverick was a Naval Aviator and not in the Air Force! Here are some memes.
There were so many Storming Area 51 memes this week across the military community. Check out this article for those so we're not double dipping...
1. "You get it out of your system? Good. Now back into the exact toxic work environment you spent twenty minutes railing about with absolutely no changes."
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
2. Finally! An event that I can get behind!
(Screengrab via The Army's Fckups)
3. If you thought that was bad, it's just round one for the rest of your career...
(Meme via Infantry Follow Me)
4. Did you know that there's no law requiring films to portray troops in uniform inaccurately? It's just a myth perpetuated by the fact that Hollywood rarely ever hires veterans to the wardrobe department on a film set.
(Meme via Not CID)
5. And they'll still act like they forgot how stupid and crazy life in the barracks was back in his day. It may be more paperwork, but it's good for the troops.
(Meme by Call for Fire)
6. Just buzz it like the rest of us slackers.
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
8. You know this dude probably walks around like he's got balls of titanium. Not only did he do this dope ass shit, but he made the Coast Guard jokes stop for a while.
(Meme by We Are The Mighty)
9. Contracting work is the best. You do the exact same job, get paid eight times more, no one hounds your ass for little mundane BS, and you can grow a beard.
(Meme via Decelerate Your Life)
10. There's no greater joy than getting on the intercom to say that someone missed the 25m after that looks around to see if anyone noticed. We did.
(Meme via PNN - Private News Network)
11. "You can do actual productive stuff on your own time, not Uncle Sam's!"
(Meme via The Salty Soldier)
12. If you've never drunkenly walked through a drive-through window with your boys, did you really even serve?
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
13. And you just know TSGT Karen is going to have a word with your commander about your "disrespectful attitude."
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of June 14th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of June 21st - We Are ... ›
- Funniest military memes for the week of June 28th - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 5th - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of July 12th - We Are ... ›